Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vegas! ?

Before I begin my Vegas post, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who read/commented on my last post. And in response to Mama Cuz, I was not feeling judged. Actually, I am surrounded by lovely people who have done nothing but praise, encourage and support me in motherhood. I am really lucky. Your question reminded me to say thank you! I love you Holly! I miss you! And speaking of lucky, I have 2 pieces of good fortune coming my way this week. 1 - I am meeting Pat in Vegas! 2 - Grandma & Grandpa are going to take care of Belle! So I am super excited for a night of fun, but getting a little sad and nervous to leave Belle - not for her, for me. Belle is going to have the time of her life at her first sleepover! I, on the other hand, am afraid I will miss the little one! It's only one night. Am I crazy? Did you miss your kid(s) on your first night away?


Belle got to pet 2 dogs today! And I believe "dog" and "bird" are her favorite words, followed by "yum". And her favorite color appears to be "yellow" or at least that's the one Grandma taught her. ;) She is saying so many new words, identifying the world around her and incorporating them into her vocabulary! It's so fun!

Books are her favorite toy. ;) I would love suggestions on finger foods for the little. She loves tofu and avocado, cheerios, all the Gerber "yums", yogurt ( I realize that's not a finger food), banana, and anything off of my plate. But lots of stuff is hit or miss. I am also planning her first Birthday/Halloween extravaganza! So BDay suggestions are welcome too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Vegas sounds wonderful! You and Pat will have a great time--and it is much deserved.I did not get a chance to 'think' about leaving Lyla for the first time because we had to go to an unexpected funeral out of state only 3 weeks after she was born...but I did miss her lots. But the next time I was just happy to get to spend some quality time with Chris, which is important too, and knew Lyla was in the best hands possible. It is one night so try to have a nice time and recharge! I am going with Chris to a cabin this weekend for our 4 year wedding anniversary and am leaving Landon for the first time with mom and dad--and think I will certainly miss him! (And Lyla too!) But once again, how nice it is to have parents who can help out so we can get a little alone time! looking forward to seeing you soon. xoxo.

    oh and as far as finger foods...have you given her the oranges, peaches, and pears that come in the little snack cups? Lyla likes those as well as cut up hot dogs, turkey, cut up string cheese, and dried cranberries and blueberries!

    ReplyDelete